Every two years Adventist Schools Australia (ASA) bring together our up and coming leaders for the ASA Emerging Leaders Program. This strategy within the ASA Leadership Institute identifies Adventist teachers who have the passion and potential to be successful school leaders in the future. It is designed to identify, inspire and connect a new generation of school leaders.
Typically, this is a 4-day in-person program, but due to Covid restrictions it was modified to a two-day online version. So, on Sept 27 & 28, twenty-seven of our emerging leaders from across Australia came together for two fantastic days under the theme of “Light the Flame”.
Our intentions were to:
· speak into their hearts about the calling to servant leadership.
· help them understand how crucial the spirituality of an Adventist school leader is in setting the culture of Adventist schools.
· provide insights into their personal strengths and your leadership style.
· introduce them to the ASA Leadership Institute and assist them in their journey into leadership.
· I loved Jean’s worships! Being inspired by hearing the ASA team’s authenticity about their leadership journeys – it was very inspiring and encouraging!
· The chance to connect and be reminded of the importance of a servant heart and what that entails.
· I really enjoyed learning about how to be a God driven leader.
· Connecting and collaborating with other Adventist leaders. Feeling empowered and ready to serve God wherever He leads.
The future of leadership in Adventist Education is in great hands, and we praise God for ‘lighting the flame’ within each of our emerging leaders to serve in ministry for His glory.
(by Jacques Calais)