NEWS FLASH – MODIFIED 2021 PROGRAM DUE TO BORDER CLOSURES
Date: Monday & Tuesday September 27 & 28
Format: via Zoom with plenty of interaction, discussion, breakout groups.
Core Purpose: To ‘light a fire’ within each participant for leadership within Adventist Education.
- Understand the how crucial the spirituality of an Adventist school leader is in setting the culture of Adventist schools.
- Provide insights into personal strengths and your leadership style.
- Introduce the ASA Leadership Institute and start the journey of growth and support.
In a joint venture with Avondale University College, the Emerging Leaders Program (ELP) is designed to identify, inspire, and connect a new generation of school leaders. Initiated in 2012, the ELP allows emerging leaders to have exposure to and interaction with a program to equip potential leaders with some fundamentals of quality leadership and to speak into their hearts about leadership in the future.
The program, when accompanied by the completion of two Avondale University College assignments, gains credit status for one unit of the Master of Education award given by Avondale University College.
This program is a four-day retreat style program and incorporates the following but is not limited to these items:
- Casting a vision for Adventist education in Australia
- Reflections of an effective leader
- Clarifying the need for leaders
- Research about effective leadership styles
- Building capacity: Communication; Relationships
- Proactive leadership
- The power of teamwork and collaboration
- Life and family balance in leadership
The Emerging Leaders program is currently run every two years on an even year cycle. To register for this program please download the application form below and make contact with your school principal and your director of education.